Watch Me Make Them
Easy Keto Truffles
This recipe is sponsored by Atkins AU.
This keto truffle recipe uses Atkins Chocolate Mint Crisp Bars.
What is a chocolate truffle? A chocolate truffle is simply a combination of chocolate and cream to form a ganache. It is then rolled into a ball and enjoyed as tasty chocolate candy. You can roll in sprinkles, finely chopped nuts, cocoa powder or unsweetened cacao, or dip into more low carb chocolate to make a chocolate shell.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- It’s easy: These keto chocolate truffles have less than 4 ingredients.
- Low Carb and keto friendly: Using Atkins chocolate the carbs are kept very low.
- Family Friendly – they taste just like real chocolate truffles. Hide them away from the rest of the family if you don’t want to share. Haha!
- Freezer Friendly – these can be made in bulk and frozen in ziplock bags. Perfect for lunch boxes.
Scroll to the bottom of this post for the quantity of each ingredient used in our keto chocolate balls recipe.
- Chocolate – use any chocolate or chocolate bar you prefer. I used Atkins Milk Chocolate Mint Crisp to make keto truffles with mint flavour. They also have the added crunch of the tasty mint chips in the chocolate balls. This will work with other Atkins bars or plain keto chocolate for a low-carb diabetic chocolate truffles recipe.
- Cream – I use a thickened heavy whipping cream. You can make dairy free truffles too. See below in the FAQs how to make dairy free truffles with coconut oil.
- Salt flakes – I use a pinch of salt in these truffles. Salt brings out the flavour of chocolate. You can skip it if you prefer.
Step by Step Instructions
Making our keto truffles recipe is easy! Here are step-by-step instructions including images to help you confidently make them.
Step 1. Heat cream until hot but not boiling. This can be done in a saucepan or in the microwave.
Step 2. Add chocolate and salt, if using, and mix until smooth. If the chocolate doesn’t melt and form a smooth ganache place back onto heat and stir until it is smooth. Cover and chill in fridge or freezer until firm.
Step 3. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to divide the ganache into 9 equal portions. Roll into balls.
Step 4. Dip into extra melted chocolate or roll in unsweetened cocoa. Chill before serving.
Step 5. (This is optional). If you dipped in chocolate you might want to melt 1 -2 tablespoons of extra sugar-free chocolate to drizzle over the balls. I use dark chocolate for a different colour.
Frequently asked Questions
Yes, you can! Freeze them in a ziplock bag. Defrost in the fridge overnight or even eat them straight from the freezer.
You sure can! Use any chocolate you like for sugar free chocolate truffles or a low sugar chocolate.
In this recipe you can replace the heavy cream with coconut oil. Not the liquid kind but the firm coconut oil or coconut butter. Use 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of water in place of the cream. Follow the recipe as-is and it will work. They will still be tasty keto truffle fat bombs either way. To make them completely dairy-free use dairy free chocolate as well.
Easy Keto Truffles
TOPPING OR COATING
Place cream into a saucepan or microwave until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl.
Add chocolate to cream. Stir to combine and leave to rest for 3-4 minutes.
Stir until ganache is smooth. Cover with a piece of cling film and press onto surface of chocolate. Chill until mixture has set.
Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop small pieces (roughly 15g in size) and roll into balls. Roll into your choice of toppings or dip into melted chocolate and place onto a paper-lined plate. Enjoy immediately or keep chilled in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Place cream and chocolate into mixer; chop 8 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl and lid. Heat 2 min/50°C/speed 3. Extend time if needed. Pour into a shallow and wide bowl. Cover with a piece of cling film and press onto surface of chocolate. Chill until the mixture has set.
Use a cookie scoop or spoon to scoop small pieces (roughly 15g in size) and roll into balls. Roll into choice of toppings or dip into melted chocolate and place onto a paper-lined plate. Enjoy immediately or keep chilled in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
To calculate the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe by 9. The result will be the weight of one serving.
All recipes have been tested using all of the cooking methods included by various recipe testers.