Have you ever thought about how lack of sleep affects you? Brain fog? Irritability? Now think about how that lack of solid sleep is affecting your child.
In this episode of Yoga|Birth |Babies, I speak with founder and creator of Little Z’s® Sleep Consulting, Becca Campbell. We discuss how poor sleep can impact your child’s health and how to set up a realistic bedtime routine (and actually stick to it!).
Becca explains that sleep training doesn’t necessarily mean “cry it out” and shares the 4 methods of sleep training so you can decide what is right for you and your family. Most importantly, she offers solid tools to help you get your baby to sleep so you can all feel rested.
In this episode you will learn:
- About Becca and how she made her way into the world of sleep consulting.
- The impact of lack of sleep on a child’s health.
- Setting up a realistic bedtime routine (and actually sticking to it!).
- At what age should you consider creating a routine around nap and bedtime.
- How to get the baby to sleep!
- The 4 methods of sleep training.
- How routined a family should get around naps and bedtime.
- Tips for creating a realistic bedtime routine.
- Getting your baby back on track if you feel off your routine from visitors, travel, or just lost the routine for a bit.
- What does “sleeping through the night” really mean?
- Does napping need to happen at home or is on the go ok?
- Is there a point of no return where you missed the developmental window to start to organize a sleep routine?
- One tip/piece of advice Becca has for new and expectant parents.
- Where you can find Becca’s work!
Becca Campbell is the founder and creator of Little Z’s® Sleep Consulting where parents can easily get sleep help through online courses for children ages 0-5 years old. Her Sleep E-Coaching Programs have helped thousands of families around the world make sleep a thing and hosts a Sleep Society Membership with nearly 1,000 families who want her help to continue the sleep success as their children grow. She is the wife to Chad (who is also her business partner!) and mom to Ellie (6yo) & Hattie (5yo) and lives outside of Richmond, VA.
- Dr Harvey Karp: The Happiest Baby on The Block (podcast)
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- The Sleep Foundation
Support Our Sponsors:
- Make meal time a little easier! Go to GreenChef.com/ybb100 and use code ybb100 to get $100 off including free shipping!
If you love what you’ve been listening to, please leave a rating and review! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To connect with Deb and the PYC Community:
Instagram & Facebook: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center